Saturday, May 24, 2014

Card in A Box for the Twist

Happy Saturday!  I know those of you living in the US are celebraing Memorial Day this weekend, so happy Memorial Day...I hope the weather there is as perfect as it is here!
It's time for a new challenge over at The Technique Twist again and this time we're all about the oh-so-trendy Card-in-a-Box!  For my sample project I decided to try a horizontally-oriented one...just to...ahem...step "outside the box"..heehee :)
Check it out:

Birthday Card in A Box featuring the Sketched Birthday and Sassy Salutations stamp sets.
I decided to pull out some favourite retiring products: the out-going In-colours and Birthday Basics DSP.  I made the card base out of Gumball Green card stock.  In case you want to try re-creating this one, here is a great cutting and scoring guide from Australian demonstrator  Debbie Henderson:

Debbie's Designs



I added one strip on the inside of the box to adhere my flag posts to.  I cut it 1" wide by 4-3/8" long and scored each end at 1/8".  You can see it in this side-view photo.


The little banners are cut with the smallest die in the Bitty Banners Framelits set from several patterns of DSP in the Birthday Basics pack, as well as Raspberry Ripple, Bermuda Bay and Summer Starfruit card stock.  I used toothpicks for the flagposts and white baker's twine to string them on.  The balloon image is from the Sketched Birthday set and is coloured with Bermuda Bay and Pool Party Stampin' Write Markers.  I added a few rhinestones I coloured with the darkest of the Daffodil Delight Blendabilities set.

On the back panel I stamped the balloon and party hat from the Sketched Birthday set and again coloured them with my Stampin' Write markers.

If you haven't tried making a Card in a Box yet you really should give it a go...they're such fun!  Then be sure to share your creation with us over at The Technique Twist!  Have a wonderful weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Your card is amazing thanks for share the details I will have to try this one!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...